Dustin Gold, featured on ABC’s Good Morning America and in Bloomberg Businessweek, is a talent manager, entertainment producer, brand consultant, and creative entrepreneur best known for developing and managing Barack Obama impersonator Reggie Brown, Sarah Palin impersonator Patti Lyons, Mitt Romney impersonator Mike Cote, and Barack Obama impersonator Louis Ortiz.
Dustin Gold and his talent management firm, William Gold Entertainment, specialize in generating newsworthy talent, and have been responsible for some of the most sensational media stories in recent years, including:
- the surprise appearance by Sarah Palin impersonator Patti Lyons at Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) 2011, where the real Sarah Palin had previously boycotted the conference by refusing an invitation to deliver its prestigious key note speech. Patti Lyons looked and acted so much like Sarah Palin upon arriving that the Associated Press and dozens of other major news outlets were fooled into posting that the real Palin had arrived unexpected, which set off a media frenzy. Throughout the day Patti Lyons was a trending topic on Twitter, was featured as the top story on Yahoo News, was the subject of over 65 original articles and thousands of re-posts around the country, and received interviews with every nationally syndicated radio talk show on the air from CPAC’s famous Radio Row. She was also interviewed by PJ Media on live television where host Tony Katz interviewed her believing she was the real Sarah Palin;
- the politically potent performance delivered by Barack Obama impersonator Reggie Brown on C-SPAN’s national broadcast from Republican Leadership Conference in 2011. The speech received explosive coverage, including over 110 original articles, more than 70 live radio interviews, a trending topic on Twitter, more than 15 live interviews on national cable and network news, and the first of many appearances for Brown on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher; and
- the controversial appearance by Mitt Romney impersonator Mike Cote in Governor Rick Santorum’s political ad, titled 'Rombo', during his candidacy in the 2012 Presidential campaign. Cote’s portrayal of Mitt Romney running through a warehouse shooting mud at Rick Santorum was the subject of the news cycle for the following week. The real Governor Mitt Romney was confronted with the ad during an episode of FOX News’ Fox and Friends, and in response, referring to Mike Cote, Mitt Romney said, “The guy looks pretty good doesn’t he...”
Dustin Gold is a founding partner and serves as Executive Producer of Politicos Comedy Brigade, the world’s best political comedy team, which features the top impersonators of American Presidents, politicians, and pundits.
In his role as Executive Producer of Politicos Comedy Brigade, Dustin Gold has produced many noteworthy live political comedy shows, including, among others:
- State of the Union: An Evening With President Barack Obama, the highly produced live show starring the Featured Presidential Impersonator of Politicos Comedy Brigade, formerly Obama impersonator Reggie Brown and currently Obama impersonator Louis Ortiz;
- Comedy Campaign 2012, the live comedy debates performed during the 2012 Presidential Campaign. The debates starred Barack Obama impersonator Louis Ortiz and Mitt Romney impersonator Jim Gossett, and were hosted either alternately or together by Bill Clinton impersonator Tim Watters and Donald Trump impersonator John Di Domenico. The show, featured by CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, Huffington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek, was performed for live ticketed audiences and private corporate audiences;
- Presidential Apprentice, a post-Election show launched in late 2012. The show’s premise is that Donald Trump, played by impersonator John Di Domenico, is disappointed with Barack Obama’s re-election, and has purchased the rights to the 2016 Presidential Elections. Three members of Politicos Comedy Brigade (usually a leading cast of Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton impersonators) must compete for the right to become Donald Trump’s Presidential Apprentice, and to occupy the White House in 2016;
- Comedy Campaign 2013, a live comedy debate show featuring Barack Obama impersonator Louis Ortiz facing off against his only real remaining political adversary, Donald Trump impersonator John Di Domenico. The show is hosted by Bill Clinton impersonator Tim Watters; and
- Politicos DC: Unplugged, the now defunct show performed by the original members of Politicos, the precursor to Politicos Comedy Brigade, Barack Obama impersonator Reggie Brown, Sarah Palin impersonator Patti Lyons, and Bill Clinton impersonator Tim Watters.
In his capacities at William Gold Entertainment and Politicos Comedy Brigade, Dustin Gold has worked with major global brands including Microsoft, LinkedIn, Virgin America, YouTube, Unilever, Yahoo!, MTV, AOL, FOX News Channel, ESPN, USO, CNN, WWE, MSNBC, The Onion, and Will Ferrell’s Funny or Die.
Before becoming an entrepreneur in the entertainment industry, Dustin Gold was the visionary behind, and CEO of Beareo Enterprises, a merchandising and product development firm which designed, manufactured, and distributed the “Bank on Obama Presidential Savings Bank,” a high-end designer vinyl product which is now viewed within the industry as a collectible.
Dustin Gold’s first business was ThinkTank Creative Group, a marketing think tank and design firm focused on building media strategies and branding campaigns for a diverse portfolio of companies, organizations, interest groups, and political campaigns.
Earlier in his career, at the age of 26, Dustin Gold garnered national media attention for his work as President of Community Watchdog Project, a political think tank which he co-founded. He also co-hosted a regional morning radio show segment highlighting his ongoing advocacy work during this period.
As a graduate of the Art Institute of Philadelphia, and steeped with a lifelong background in business, political activities, hands-on creativity, and large-scale innovation, Dustin Gold brings a unique combination of competencies to his current work, which thus far in his career has produced some of the most avant-garde productions and properties in the live entertainment industry today.